Do you like the challenge of adapting to a variety of medical situations? Do you pride yourself on your work ethic and ability to build relationships with clients and your team? Are you passionate about serving your community by contributing to the excellent care provided to the local pets? Great! We may have the perfect opportunity for you to join our team.
Our practice is located in Dell Rapids, SD. We have excellent school systems, Division 1 sports nearby, a safe community, and we are just 20 miles to the largest city in the state.
Established in 2006, Dells Veterinary Services is a privately-owned practice serving high-end dairy herds, beef herds and an AAHA accredited practice too. We are passionate about educating and delivering the highest quality care to our clients to ensure their animals reach their fullest potential. We believe in elevating everyone from our staff to our clients, and we do this through a dedication to excellent service and continuous learning. We have an 8,400sqft facility with all the bells and whistles for equipment from ultrasound and digital x-ray to surgery suites and in-house blood work. We also have hydraulic chutes, hydraulic trim tables and fully stocked vet trucks with Bowie vet boxes.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Engaging and communicating with clients promoting education and preventative care
- Getting and maintaining patient information
- Provide restraint of pets during examination and treatment
- Monitor patient conditions during treatments, procedures or activities
- Perform laboratory procedures to assist in diagnosis and treatment
- Take and process radiographs and ensure compliance with all OSHA standards
- Prepare medications for both outpatient and inpatients
- Administer anesthetics or sedatives to control pain under direction of a veterinarian
- Entering charges after exams and procedures
- Prepare surgical equipment, including sterilization, and ensure the operating room is properly stocked, sterilized and ready for surgery
- Spearhead dental health for companion animals by performing dental exams
- Assist the receptionists as needed and assume their duties during their absence
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
What’s In It For You
- Must have an Associate Degree in Veterinary Technology
- Certification is preferred, not required
- Willing to work 4, 10-hour shifts plus 1 out of 6 Saturdays from 7:45am – 12:30pm
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for service and continuous learning
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
How to Apply
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA
- Paid Time Off
- CE & Uniform Allowance
- Pet Service Discounts
To apply, fill out this application
then upload it with your resume and cover letter here.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.