Do you like juggling tasks and working with people and animals throughout the day? Are you someone who is able to remain focused and keep calm no matter what may be happening around you? Do you value being a key player in serving the amazing animals of your community? Great! We may have the perfect opportunity for you to join our team.
Our practice is located in Dell Rapids, SD. We have excellent school systems, Division 1 sports nearby, a safe community, and we are just 20 miles to the largest city in the state.
Established in 2006, Dells Veterinary Services is a privately-owned practice serving high-end dairy herds, beef herds and an AAHA accredited practice too. We are passionate about educating and delivering the highest quality care to our clients to ensure their animals reach their fullest potential. We believe in elevating everyone from our staff to our clients, and we do this through a dedication to excellent service and continuous learning. We have an 8,400sqft facility with all the bells and whistles for equipment from ultrasound and digital x-ray to surgery suites and in-house blood work. We also have hydraulic chutes, hydraulic trim tables and fully stocked vet trucks with Bowie vet boxes.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Open the store at the beginning of the day
- Greet clients, answer phone calls and respond to email inquiries
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients and monitor daily schedule and flow
- Properly update client records at check-in and check-out; scan records and transfer medical records when requested
- Assist clients with over the counter sales of large and companion animal products
- Responsible for payment processing, balancing the till and ensuring accurate payment records
- Ordering and stocking inventory as it’s received into the clinic
- Ensure the hospital’s front of house is stocked, clean and welcoming
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
What’s In It For You
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Secondary education in Business, Animal Science or Marketing a plus
- Willing to work 4, 10-hour shifts plus 1 out of 6 Saturdays from 7:45am – 12:30pm
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for service and continuous learning
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
How to Apply
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA
- Paid Time Off
- CE & Uniform Allowance
- Pet Service Discounts
- Production based bonuses
To apply, fill out this application
then upload it with your resume and cover letter here.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.