Do you have a passion for practicing great medicine? Do you enjoy teaching and mentoring both clients and your team on how to prevent disease to ensure animals live to their fullest potential? Are you someone who dreams of joining a team dedicated to professional and personal fulfillment? Awesome! We may have the perfect opportunity for you to join our team!
Our practice is located in Dell Rapids, SD. We have excellent school systems, Division 1 sports nearby, a safe community, and we are just 20 miles to the largest city in the state.
Established in 2006, Dells Veterinary Services is a privately-owned practice serving high-end dairy herds, beef herds and an AAHA accredited practice too. We are passionate about educating and delivering the highest quality care to our clients to ensure their animals reach their fullest potential. We believe in elevating everyone from our staff to our clients, and we do this through a dedication to excellent service and continuous learning. We have an 8,400sqft facility with all the bells and whistles for equipment from ultrasound and digital x-ray to surgery suites and in-house blood work. We also have hydraulic chutes, hydraulic trim tables and fully stocked vet trucks with Bowie vet boxes.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Build and maintain client relationships and educate on treatment options to reach the animals full potential
- Manage a diverse caseload from calf raising, internal medicine, chute work, lameness, reproduction, record analysis and more as well as providing excellent pet services according to AAHA standards
- Guide and utilize exceptional support staff
What’s In It For You
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an accredited program is required
- Able to be licensed in SD and MN with Level 2 Federal Accreditation
- Posses job skills that let you be operational when you begin
- Experience in a mixed animal practice required
- Prefer dairy cattle or beef cattle with companion animal experience
- Willing to work rotating emergency coverage shared equally (the practice has less than 55 emergencies/yr on average)
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for service and continuous learning
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA
- Paid Time Off
- Loan Forgiveness through VMLRP as a Food Animal Practitioner available
- Licensing and professional fees covered
- CE & Uniform Allowance
- Fully stocked Vet Truck with Bowie Vet Boxes